- We will not collect Personal Information without your knowledge and permission;
- We will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to third parties;
- We will allow you to view, correct or remove your Personal Information; and
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the Personal Information we collect from you.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (1) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: Customer Service, Villa Marine Lifestyles California, 442 Mt. Diablo Road, Suite 176, Danville, CA 94526 with a reference to California Disclosure Information.
We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
"Guest" means an individual who can search and purchase Products or Services on the Site without being a Member.
"Member" means an individual who has registered with the Site.
"VMLCA" or "we" means Creekside Management Company, Inc. dba VillaMarineLifeStylesCalifornia.com and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
"Personal Information" means any information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred from the information. This includes, for example, name, e-mail and mailing address and telephone number, billing and account information, and other information incidental to providing Products or Services.
"Products or Services" means the airline travel, hotel accommodation, car rental, ground transportation, tours, theater tickets, attractions, travel insurance and other items available from the Site.
To "Purchase" means to book, reserve or purchase.
"Session Data" means usage information, such as the type of Internet browser and operating system an individual use, the domain name of the site from which the individual came, the date, time and duration of the visit, number of visits, average time spent on the individual's site, pages viewed, domain name of the individual, and number of cookies accumulated.
"Site" means the http://www.villamarinelifestylescalifornia.com/ site.
"Subscriber" means an individual who elects to receive offers or promotions from VMLCA without becoming a Member or a Guest.
If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any Personal Information to us. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, or if you choose not to provide us with any required Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with Products or Services that can be offered on our Site only if we have access to certain Personal Information.
Minors (as defined under the laws of their jurisdiction or residence) are not eligible to register for, use, or Purchase the Products or Services available on our Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any Minor, and will not use this information if we discover that it has been provided by a Minor.
3. What Personal Information we collect
We collect only such information as necessary to provide Products and Services to you.
When you are just visiting
You can visit certain areas of our Site without revealing who you are or signing-in.
When you visit our Site as a Visitor, Guest, or Member, we collect Session Data through Cookies and pixel tags. (See Paragraph 9." Privacy" for definitions of Cookies and Pixel Tags)
When you register as a Member
If you register with us as a Member, we collect Personal Information that is necessary to provide the Products and Services offered on our Site. We require that you provide your name and e-mail address. You also may also need to choose a password, which will be required to gain access to portions of our Site reserved for Member use. We might also request your home zip code.
You may elect to provide other information, for example, gender, activities and lifestyle preferences or preferred destinations.
When you Purchase Products or Services as a Member
When you Purchase Products or Services from our Site as a Member, you must provide payment or other necessary information. This includes, for example, billing information, driver information, or similar information as required by the travel service provider(s).
When you use the Site as a "Guest"
If you are not a Member, you may elect to use our Site as a Guest.
If you Purchase Products or Services as a Guest, you must provide Personal Information to complete the booking (for example, name, phone number, billing information), as required by the travel service provider(s).
When you "Subscribe"
When you become a Subscriber, we collect your name and email address, so that you may receive offers or promotions from VillaMarineLifestylesCalifornia.com without becoming a Member or Guest.
When you participate in contests, promotions, raffles, or sweepstakes
We may offer you the chance to win a variety of travel related prizes by sponsoring contests, promotions, raffles, or sweepstakes. If you choose to participate, we will collect Personal Information, such as your full name, e-mail address, or mailing address.
When you participate in a survey or a focus group
From time to time, we may invite you to participate in a survey or a focus group. You are free to participate or not. We will collect the responses you provide, and will make them anonymous to aggregate them with those of other participants.
When we advertise on third party sites
When you visit a site on which we advertise, and click through our advertisement, we may place cookies on your computer, or use pixel tags. The information that we collect through this technology is not personally identifiable.
When you call or write to our Customer Service
When you call or write to our Customer Service, we collect contact information (name, phone number, mailing address or e-mail address) and information about the relevant Purchase as necessary to assist you. For example, if you call for assistance with a preexisting Purchase, or to make a Purchase, we may request your contact and billing information.
When we send e-mails or e-newsletters
When we send e-mails, e-newsletters, or when you forward a promotion or search results to a third party, we may insert a pixel tag in the e-mail.
4. How we use the information we collect
We use Personal Information in order to provide and enhance the Products or Services offered on our Site:
- To issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments;
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use our Site, inform you of new features on our Site, or provide other information that may be of interest to users;
- To personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience at our Site to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations;
- To send you e-mails, e-newsletters, personalized offers via direct messaging or other communications about our services, if you have subscribed to receive this information or you have not advised us that you do not wish to receive such communications;
- To manage our Site, diagnose technical problems, improve content, and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our Site is as efficient as possible;
- To process and track your transactions and to send you information about our and our affiliates' and business partners' products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you;
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or provide VMLCA Products or Services, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship, but only if you have granted us permission to do so or we are otherwise able to do so under applicable law;
- To evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information; to investigate, detect and protect VMLCA and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off, or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or for any other purpose to which you consent.
Contests - Promotions - Raffles - Sweepstakes
If you participate in a contest, promotion, raffle, sweep stake, we will use your Personal Information to notify you if you win.
We may send you additional communications you have specifically requested to receive, including our newsletters, e-mails, personalized offers or other promotional materials, when filling out the contest or promotion form.
We will share the information with the entities with which we may have teamed to propose the joint promotion.
We use Session Data, collected through cookies and pixel tags, to better understand how our Site is navigated, how many visitors arrive at specific pages, the length and frequency of stays at our Site, the variety of searches of our Site's database, the types of browsers and computer operating systems used by our visitors and the Internet Protocol addresses from which visitors connect to our Site
We also use this information to improve our Site content and ease of use, to personalize and improve your individual viewing experiences on our Site, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
We use pixel tags to monitor the open rate of our communications. This helps us understand the effectiveness of communications we send. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
Survey and Focus Groups
When you participate in surveys or focus groups, your participation and responses will be kept confidential, and will not be shared outside VMLCA without your permission, except with our service providers.
Aggregated information is information, recorded in any form, about more than one individual, where the identity of the individual is not known, and cannot be inferred from the information. We may use aggregated information to describe our user base to current or potential partner's investors and advertisers; after a survey, to understand and respond to market needs and preferences; or to make recommendations to other users of our Site. For example, if users of our Site who have traveled to a particular destination told us that they had positive experiences at a hotel in that destination, we might recommend that hotel.
What we do NOT do
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, Member ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect your from identity theft is our priority. For more information about phishing, you may want to visit the Federal Trade Commission at
5. To whom we disclose Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- To those travel service providers with which you make arrangements through our Site, for example, airlines, car rental, hotel, ground transportation, theater, attraction, or travel insurance. We provide them with the Personal Information needed to make and complete the purchase, booking, or reservation.
- To organizations that perform services for or on behalf of VMLCA, for example to provide customer service, deliver tickets, ship items, process credit cards, for research, marketing, data processing, to measure the use of our Site, to facilitate usage by a Visitor, or to offer credit card services or evaluate your creditworthiness. We will share with these companies only that Personal Information which they need to work on our behalf.
- We may collaborate with other companies to offer you additional Products or Services, for example, through sweepstakes, raffles, and promotions. We will share Personal Information that is necessary for these other companies to provide the Products or Services that you have requested.
- To protect our Site and our rights under our Terms and Conditions of Use; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain.
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off, or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business.
- Where the information is public.
- To our insurers and to regulatory agencies.
Disclosure without consent
- Please note that there are circumstances where the use or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted, or where VMLCA may be obligated to disclose information without consent. Such circumstances may include:
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with the rules or court relating to the production of records.
- If we receive a formal request to disclose your Personal Information in connection with a legal action, we will attempt to contact you about it, if permitted by law, via the e-mail address you provided during registration, before we respond to that request.
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
- To a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health, or security of an identifiable person or group.
- Where it is necessary to collect monies owing to us.
- In order to protect national security, and to ensure travel security, the United States Government and other governments may request access to passenger name records, which typically includes name, flight origin, flight destination, flight time, duration of flight, seat location, travel agent, form of payment, credit card numbers, travel itinerary, address, telephone number and meal requests. In response to such request, VMLCA and/or its providers will give access to all the information you provide at the time of making your reservation to the applicable government agencies of the countries to or from which you are traveling.
6. How we retain and store Personal information
If you are a VMLCA Member your account contains your name, e-mail address and password (if required). We also keep in your account all other information that you have elected to provide us, such as gender, favorite activities and lifestyle preferences, and favorite destinations.
Your account also contains a listing of the e-mails, e-newsletters and other communications we offer to send, and that you have elected to receive or not.
You can access, modify, or delete this Personal Information by contacting VMLCA.
We will retain your Personal Information in our databases in accordance with our document management, retention and destruction policy and applicable laws. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise later. For example, we may need or be required to retain information to allow you to obtain credit for trip your Purchased but had to cancel. We may also need the retain certain information to prevent fraudulent activity; to protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
Your Personal Information will be stored in secured locations, and on servers controlled by VMLCA, located either at our offices, or at the offices of our service providers, as described in "How we protect Personal Information".
7. How we protect Personal Information
If you choose to contact VMLCA through the Site, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically via the World Wide Web might not be secure. VMLCA assumes no liability for the loss of any information that you transmit to us via the World Wide Web. In communicating with you, we may send e-mail as unencrypted plain text because we are aware that most Members, Guests, or Subscribers cannot readily process encrypted e-mail. This is done for your convenience, but with the security concern that, if misrouted or intercepted, it could be read more easily than encrypted e-mail.
8. How to access, modify or delete your Personal Information
We endeavor to ensure that Personal Information is as accurate, complete, and current as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. You can access your Personal Information, update it, correct it, or modify it, as necessary. For example, you can change at any time your e-mail address, preferred activities, or preferred destinations, or your preferences for receiving or not receiving our e-mails, e-newsletters, or instant messaging customized advertisements.
If you wish to modify or delete any Personal Information, you can do so by contacting us in writing as indicated in "Contact Information".
If you request that we remove all of your Personal Information, we will promptly do so, to the extent possible. Once required Personal Information is removed you will not be able to use many of the services available on our Site to Members, unless you re-register.
Please remember that we may not be able to honor your request if we are legally obligated to retain that information, or for other reasons, as described in our "Retention and Storage" policy.
Cookies and pixel tags
A Cookie is a small text file that our computer sends to your computer, and that your computer sends back to us each time you make a request from our Site. A cookie contains a unique identification number that identifies the visitor's browser, but not necessarily the visitor. A pixel tag is a small graphic image similar to a cookie.
When you access our Site, our computer may seek to place "cookies" or "pixel tags" on your personal computer to collect Session Data. Cookies and pixel tags are used to help us recognize you when you visit our Site again, or to help us customize your online experience. Unless a visitor specifically informs us of his/her identity (e.g. by registering with us), we will not know who the individual visitor is.
If you decide not to accept our cookies, you will be able to access those parts of our Site that are available to the general public, but you will not be able to access many of the Products and Services offered at our Site.
Third Parties and Advertising
When you click on a third party advertisers' link from our Site, you will be taken off of our Site and will enter the third party's site. We are not responsible for such third party's sites. You should carefully review the privacy statements of any other site you visit, because those privacy statements will apply to your visit to that site, and may be very different from our policy.
As part of the registration process, we give you the ability to receive via e-mail or direct messaging information about our Products and Services, updates to our Site, customized advertisements and promotions that are targeted to your specific interest, such as flight specials, promotions, contests, sweepstakes and other travel opportunities available on our Site and/or sponsored by our travel service providers and advertisers. We send this information directly ourselves, or via third party service providers.
If you do not opt-out from receiving these communications about our Site, we will send them to you.
At any time, you may change which of the communications you wish to receive or not, by changing your preferences, as described in "How to access, modify or delete Personal Information".
In addition, in our e-mails and other communications, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from us.
VMLCA may from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received through the Site, or through telephone or email communications, for quality assurance and other purposes. We reserve the right to censor, edit, remove, or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that VMLCA deems inappropriate, or in violation of these Terms and Conditions. During monitoring, the information may be examined, recorded, or copied.
For your convenience, our Site provides links to other sites. When you click on one of these links, you are leaving our Site and entering another site. We are not responsible for such third party sites. You should carefully review the privacy statements of any other sites you visit, because those privacy statements will apply to your visit to such other sites.
If we decide to change this policy in a material way, we will obtain the necessary consents required under applicable privacy laws if we seek to collect, use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those to which consent has been obtained, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. If any proposed change is unacceptable to you, you may request that we remove your Personal Information from our records, as described in "How to access, modify or delete your Personal Information".
If you have questions or concerns regarding VMLCA privacy practices, you should contact VMLCA. (See Contact Information below in Paragraph 12.)
12. Contact Information
Villa Marine Lifestyles California
442 Diablo Road, Suite 176
Danville, CA 94526
Telephone: (800) 874-2660 (Within the United States)
(925) 552-3323 (Outside the United States)